Photographica

Photographica

Thursday, January 27, 2011

deep fry in a shallow pan


my heart is open this morning
    cleansed of yesterdays shit and polished with a fine wax
I hope it never comes back
but it more than likely will

Its already 2 o'clock, but I just woke up and its time to cook breakfast
bacon and eggs
like every morning
gotta have orange juice
coffee too   -black.   no sugar.

Bacon looks beautiful in the frying pan
popping and sizzling
curling up like lace on a girl's dress, or locks of hair, a rose.

sometimes I spend years staring into the pan
waiting and watching for something
and it stares back
crackling as it boils
it spits hot oil on my arm over the low outer rim
no protection
like burning acid

but my heart feels nothing
thick skin I guess

or am I still sleeping....

No comments:

Post a Comment